Ice Skating Lessons at Icetown
Icetown uses the Learn to Skate USA program. This program is endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating, and is designed to be the best beginning ice skating program that serves the needs of both the recreation and competitive figure skater. Through this program, our coaching staff helps skaters achieve their goals, wheither it be Olympic fame or to simply enjoy the recreational beneifts of skating. Our mission is to provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong love of skating.
Classes are grouped by both age and ability. Each class is 30 minutes in length. Skaters are tested every six weeks on the skills for each level and promoted to the next level upon mastery.
Skaters may enroll at any time.
There are four weeks during the year that classes are not held (Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.) Payments are due every month and are based on an average of 48 classes per year. Academy members are entitled to receive free public session during the weeks that classes do not meet. There is a skate rental fee of $3 for skaters that need rental skates.
Skating Academy Advantages
- FREE skate rental on lesson day
- FREE admission to all public sessions
- Skaters are graded and individually tested regularly
Activation Fee due upon registration
|Each Additional Skater||$20.00|
|Package||Classes per Week||Price|
|Bronze Package||one 30-minute class per week||$69.00 per month|
|Silver Package||two 30-minute classes per week
(one hour total)
|$99.00 per month|
|Gold Package||three 30-minute classes per week
(90 minutes total)
|$129.00 per month|
|Mommy/Daddy & Me
|one 30-minute class per week for
one skater and one parent
|$99.00 per month|
Additional classes may be added at a rate of $30.00 per month per class.
Annual Membership Fees
All skaters enrolled in a figure skating class within Skating Academy must have a valid Learn to Skate USA membership. The $17.25 annual membership fee provides on-ice insurance coverage and keeps you connected to the skating community with email newsletters, fun monthly challenges, and an official skater record book to track your progress in Learn to Skate USA classes. More details and registration can be found at www.learntoskateusa.com.
All skaters enrolled in a hockey class within Skating Academy must have a valid USA Hockey membership. This annual membership includes world-class insurance coverage, a subscription to USA Hockey Magazine, and membership in the organization that sends Team USA to Olympic and Paralymic Winter Games, World Championships, and other international events. More details and registration can be found at www.usahockeyregistration.com.
How to Register
- Attend one of our free try-it lessons to be asssesed by an Icetown coach. He or she will determine which class would be appropriate for the skater.
- Become a member of Learn to Skate USA or USA Hockey. Please note that skaters will not be allowed to attend class without proof of registration.
- Visit the Box Office to select your class schedule, show proof of Learn to Skate USA membership, and finalize your registration. Dues will be prorated if registering after the first week of the month.
- Make the most of your Skating Academy membership by taking elective classes and attending our skills camps. Don't forget to practice your skills at public skating sessions!
Registration Packet: Academy_Membership_Packet
Please send us a quick memo and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
|Name||Rink Phone||Cell Phone|
|Monica Viola||(951) 637-3070 ext. 253||(951) 264-4233|
|Melissa Knutson||(951) 637-3070 ext. 253||(909) 855-0385|